Redflow delivers sustained energy storage to keep your business running
Redflow delivers a range of energy storage solutions that keep your critical production lines running through power blackouts and enable you to avoid punitive charges from peak demand tariffs.
Redflow’s unique zinc-bromine flow batteries are designed to power critical sites in the toughest conditions, including temperatures as warm as 50 degrees C (122 degrees F) with no external cooling. This makes Redflow’s 10 kilowatt-hour (kWh) ZBM2 batteries the ideal solution to business problems such as poor quality or unreliable power supplies, intermittent renewable energy sources and high demand tariffs.
Power outages can hit businesses hard, imposing financial punishment from interrupted production, delayed deliveries and damage to production lines and products. Unexpected power dropouts can last from minutes or hours to days or weeks in some locations.
Redflow battery-based energy storage systems can deliver emergency backup power for sites ranging from shopping centres, data centres and factories to telecommunication towers, rural pumping stations and mines. Delivering 100 per cent of their stored power, Redflow batteries offer a robust backup solution for grid failure. A ZBM2 battery can be put into Standby Power System (SPS) mode, in which it is stored at any state of charge and powered up within seconds. Please contact Redflow for further details on this option.
Integrating seamlessly with renewable power supplies such as solar and wind, Redflow ZBM2 batteries can help reduce business energy costs by replacing or supplementing grid power and avoiding Demand Tariffs. Redflow batteries can also reduce energy costs by storing off-peak electricity and supplying it to the business during peak demand pricing periods.
In Johannesburg, South Africa, Bosco Printed Circuits uses 14 Redflow ZBM2 batteries integrated with 51 kilowatt peak (kWp) of photovoltaic solar panels to power its production line through load-shedding blackouts and to assist with peak shaving. The company stores off-peak power overnight for use during peak demand periods each morning and evening when energy costs can surge 300-400 per cent.
Redflow’s modular design enables you to scale an energy storage solution to suit any size of business. You can have from just one ZBM2 to dozens of batteries. This is demonstrated by Redflow’s Large Scale Battery (LSB) reference platform, built in a 20-foot container form factor, which works as a “virtual battery” holding as much as 600 kWh of energy. Adelaide business centre Base64 has installed a Redflow LSB, integrated with its large solar PV system, to guarantee at least four days of continuous energy supply.
The benefits of Redflow zinc-bromine flow batteries follow:
- ZBM2 stores solar energy until it’s needed, eliminating the intermittency of renewable power
- ZBM2s store from 10-600 kWh of energy with no storage capacity loss over 10 years
- ZBM2 can deliver 100 per cent depth of discharge on a daily basis
- ZBM2 ‘virtual genset’ mode loses no power over time and starts in 30 seconds
- ZBM2 works in temperatures as warm as 50 degrees C (122 degrees F) without active cooling
- ZBM2 contains inherently non-flammable electrolyte with low risk of thermal runaway
- ZBM2 allows remote access or monitoring via the Internet to reduce the need for site visits
- ZBM2 size and unique design reduces the risk of theft
- ZBM2 can be stored at any state of charge – from empty to full – for months or years. Please contact Redflow for further details on this option.
Redflow ZBM2 Commercial & Industrial (C&I): More resources
Mossel Bay Municipality: Mossel Bay goes carbon neutral with Redflow
Bosco Circuit Boards: Bosco Printed Circuits – A ZBM2 case study in complex energy system optimisation
ZCell case study: Conservation Council of SA, Adelaide, South Australia