The Redflow LSB is a plug-and-play large energy storage system in a 20ft shipping container with scalable energy capacity and 24/7 monitoring.
Each LSB energy storage system is built with an agreed number of connected ZBM2 batteries to meet your required application. The system is interfaced to an external inverter through high-efficiency power electronics.
Plug-and-play DC solution
- A completely packaged plug-and-play DC solution.
- The LSB can be interfaced with many commercially available inverters for a wide range of AC applications.
Large and scalable energy capacity
- Standard 20ft shipping container configuration features 60 ZBM2 batteries that deliver peak 300kW, continuous 240kW and 600kWh.
- Flexible ZBM2 configurations are available for specific requirements.
- When large energy storage is needed, the LSB can be paralleled to form multiple container configurations.
- A nominal bus voltage of 400–800V.
Robust and long-life ZBM design
- Each LSB contains a number of robust ZBM2 batteries.
- Inherent 100% depth-of-discharge characteristics prevent battery damage
from power outages, which is perfect for renewable energy or unstable grids.
- Guaranteed indefinite life when fully discharged with no maintenance required.
- No trickle charge required when deployed or stored.
- Guaranteed energy throughput.
Inherently safe and smart ZBM design
- Zinc-bromide electrolyte is a water-based natural fire retardant.
- Physical separation of the cell stack and energy storage tank means there is no thermal runaway.
24/7 monitoring and diagnostics
- Each ZBM2 is equipped with a Module Management System (MMS) for self-monitoring, real-time data capturing and error reporting. This information can be accessed through the LSB MODBUS communications.