The Redflow Large Scale Battery (LSB) reference platform demonstrates a straightforward and proven model for deploying ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow batteries in large energy storage systems. Deployed in a six-metre (20-foot) shipping container, Redflow’s LSB reference platform contains as many as 45 ZBM2 batteries and six 12-kilowatt (kW) Victron Quattro 48/15000 battery inverter/chargers, providing customers with 24/7 monitoring and scalable energy capacity to as much as 450 kilowatt-hours.
The LSB reference platform assists Redflow system integrators to design large energy systems that integrate the number of ZBM2 10kWh batteries and Victron battery inverter/chargers required to supply the customer’s energy storage application.
LSB: Tailored large-scale energy storage
- The LSB reference platform can provide a large AC energy storage solution to meet your needs
LSB: Large and scalable energy capacity
- Standard six-metre (20 foot) shipping container configuration contains as many as 45 ZBM2 batteries and the required number of Victron battery inverter/chargers. Redflow batteries deliver 3kW continuous power, and 5kW peak, with the LSB system output rating dependent upon the size of the Victron energy cluster deployed in the system.
- Scalable ZBM2 configurations are available to meet specific customer requirements.
- When large energy storage is needed, the LSB can be deployed in parallel to form multiple container configurations.
LSB: Inherently safe and smart ZBM2 design
- ZBM2 batteries contain an inherently non-flammable zinc-bromide electrolyte.
- ZBM2 batteries contain no risk of thermal runaway due to the physical separation of the cell stack and energy storage tank.
LSB: Robust and long-life ZBM2 design
- Each LSB contains as many as 45 ZBM2 10kWh zinc-bromine flow batteries.
- LSB is ideal for renewable energy storage or unstable grids because of its 100% depth-of-discharge characteristics, which mean no battery damage from power outages
- ZBM2 batteries and LSBs can be stored fully discharged with no required maintenance.
- ZBM2 batteries and LSBs require no trickle charge when deployed or stored.
- ZBM2 batteries and LSBs deliver guaranteed energy throughput.
LSB: 24/7 monitoring and diagnostics
- Redflow ZBM2 batteries in the LSB are monitored and managed by a secure Internet-accessible Battery Management System (BMS), that enables quick and easy remote support. Real-time status information on the battery system can be accessed using the BMS. This data can be accessed using secure web browser access, JSON data queries, CANBus battery status messages or MODBUS-TCP queries.